Welcome to my blog and happy to see you here. Here is a short glimpse at who I am:)
I come from Azerbaijan. I teach English at a university.
I did my bachelor’s and master’s degrees on teaching English and linguistics.
I started my teaching career with working for a language school in 2011. Later on, I worked in two other language schools and then I started my career at university. I started with working at International relations department as a specialist and then as an English language teacher in the Department of Languages.
I constantly go through collecting teaching certificates to meet my CPD needs. Some of them include:
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), 2011
- Teaching for Success, British Council, 2016
- Teaching for Success, Applying Special Educational Needs Practices, British Council, 2016-2017
- Flipped Learning in the language classroom, EVO19
- Key to English learners success: PBL, providing all-around learning experiences, EVO19
And many other seminars, webinars, workshops I took both online and face-to-face.
Teaching English is my passion, I’d say. My main interests include reflective practice, classroom research, PBL, flipped learning, lexical teaching, teaching students with special educational needs (SEN) and many more.
I have opened this blog for my own CPD purposes and I want to share my thoughts around different topics on ELT. I might be wrong or right. I am open to feedback so, please, feel free to comment:)